Thursday 10 December 2015

The Desire to be Heard, but Never to be (poem)

Assalamu Alaikum! Instead of writing a typical blog post, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote recently! It's kind of sad... so if you're in a good mood and you don't want anything to bring you down, than maybe you should save this for later.
This poem reflects feelings and thoughts I go through everyday, even when I'm having an awesome one, because the things that make me happy in life are almost never consistent, and I know it's all so fleeting. So, here it is:

The Desire to be Heard, but Never to be

For someone who knows nothing about me,
the weight of my sorrows is too much to bear.
But, oh! how I long to jump at the opportunity!
To confide, to reveal, to speak the truth!

But in spite of all the efforts I make,
to sum up these complicated feelings into words,
it will all be in vain...

You felt obliged to say something when you noticed
the gloomy, depressed aura around me.
However, when you hear my reply
you are taken aback and overwhelmed.
When you hear my true, and intimate thoughts and woes.

So I keep to myself, knowing there is no one to confide in among the many I am acquainted.
Yes, acquainted... but not befriended.


Nur Sham

Well, hope you enjoyed that! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment